Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #18 - You too can YouTube

The first video that I found was really cute and I think my kids would really enjoy watching it. This was a class that made up a dance to the formula for finding the area of a circle. Today's students have to find a way to relate things to their real lives in order to remember it. So many of my kids love to dance, and therefore, I really think this video would hold their interest. Another video that I found (or series) was the rappin' mathematician. He had several videos on youtube. He had one for decimals, fractions, and the number line. I think these would be a lot of fun to bring into the classroom as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! I think if you can make a visual and audio connection to what you are teaching, you will reach a lot more kids!

    ReplyDelete