Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing 7: Creating Community Through Commenting

I think that commenting on peoples blogs helps to keep the "discussion" going. People often blog to share their knowledge or opinions about certain topics. By asking questions or sharing your opinions with the writer, you are helping show that blogger what their readers are interested in knowing more about.
I really liked reading the blog titled : 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blogs. I often wonder what I can do to start more of the discussion type on my blogs. I often find myself just spilling my thoughts and saying all that I know to say about the topic. I like the advice of not only asking questions throughout my blogs, but also to leave some insight for my readers to add as well. I don't mean to over-talk my topic, but now looking back on previous blogs, I realize that maybe this is something that I am guilty of.
Through this "Thing," I realized how hard it is to comment on some blogs but so much easier to comment on others. After realizing that, I went back to look at the blogs that were easy to comment on and tried to find out why I thought those were easier. I then looked at the blogs that were not so easy to comment on and tried to find out why those were harder. This helped me in my blogging to make sure that I make a concious effort to pay attention to what I am writing about.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I am also a "chatty" blogger. I love the comments that were given to my blog and I thought I learned more from some of the comments on the Thing 4 blogs than the blog itself. Most importantly, don't be hard on yourself. Just as there are many ways to learn, there are many ways to blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a great blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete