Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thing 1: Reflections on Lifelong Learning

1. Which habit(s) may be most challenging for you to employ as part of your Learning 2.0 experience?
I think that the habit that will be the most challenging for me is to use technology to my advantage. I have never felt confident using technology because of the fear of "messing it up." The technology facilitator on every campus that I have ever worked on has known me well. I have never been afraid to ask for help when I am unsure of something, but sometimes the help request come quite frequently.
2. Which habit(s) will be easiest, or are most resonant for you as a lifelong learner?
The habit that will be the easiest for me to use is to begin with the end in mind. I have always been one to set goals. I set goals for EVERYTHING!! I usually not only set a goal by having the end in mind, but I also set many goals along the way of the different steps along the way.
3. Which habit do you think will be most important for you as you work through this course, and why?
The most important habit to have through this course is for me to accept responsibility for my own learning. With this being a self-paced and online course, I am going to have to find time out of my own busy schedule to complete the assignments and learn all of the processes along the way. As I mentioned before, I am always afraid of messing up the technology so it usually takes me a little longer to get the assignments done.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that not only can one not be afraid to make mistakes, but also cannot be afraid to make mistakes using technology in the classroom with students. During lessons, I have definitely experienced Murphy's Law, what can go wrong, will go wrong. I've found myself taking Habit 3, View problems as challenges, onestep futher to view challenges as opportunities for new learning.

    Lots of things happen when using technology with students in the classroom (internet connections, cable connections, user errors, hardware & software difficulties, etc). It requires knowledge, diligence, teamwork, quick thinking, patience, and perserverence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about messing things up....just ask questions if you get stuck and try, try, try!

    ReplyDelete