Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thing 6: Feed your Reader: Find and Subscribe to Feeds

One pleasant surprise I found was the amount of time I found searching the internet. It was nice to find many of the things that I would have looked up, already in my reader. I like the idea of "somone else" doing the searching for me.

One article that I particularly liked was from the Blue Skunk Blog. I have always enjoyed listening to more experienced teachers opinions or viewpoints on the way things are done in education in the current day. I am one of the newer teachers in that I have always known everything to be done through computers and the "need for a password."

The next thing that I was happy to see came from NPR Topics: Children's Heath. It was an article called Uh-Oh: 15 Million Pounds of SpaghettiOs Recalled. My children LOVE Spaghetti-Os and we have a pantry full of them. I am so happy to have found this site simply because of being able to keep up with all of the re-calls. Too often we put trust in things that we buy that are brand name because surely there can't be anything wrong with them. Unfortunately this is not always true.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are finding some useful feeds in your Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Skunk Blog is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add the Children's Health blog to my reader too. I rarely have time to watch the news anymore so having the recalls sent to me would be a big help.

    ReplyDelete