Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing 11: Photosharing with Flickr


jimmiehomeschoolmom

I actually enjoyed this assignment a lot. I always like to find new sites to be able to find new images to use in my lessons. One thing I found interesting was the way each image is labeled as either copyrighted or as CC. I had a hard time on a few images, trying to find out if I was able to use them or not. My idea behind finding images today was a lesson on fractions. In a class that I am taking, we took a close look at the TEKS and realized the importance of fractions and how they are started at a young age and continued through graduation. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I would really like to set up a Wiki for my students to be able to have access to full copies of notes as well as a form of communication with parents. I would like to use Flickr as a resource for images to use in doing this.

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time deciding what to use and not to use. Then, I pondered am I giving proper credit for the work. These are things that we should consider when using another person's work.
    This activity will start all of us to thinking and pass it on to our students. Then they pass it on. The cycle continues....

    ReplyDelete